Find all of your Pension Fund resources.


Look below to find Forms, Plan Documents & Notices, FAQs and more...


Can't find what you need?
Call Toll Free: (855) 633-4584 or send your question through the Contact page.


Welcome to the Michigan Electrical Employees' Fringe Benefit Funds Website!

If you can't find what you're looking for here, please visit the contact page to connect with one of our experts.


When can I receive a cash settlement?
If your account balance is less than $5,000 and you are under age 55, and no contributions have been remitted on your behalf for a period of 12 consecutive months, you can request a lump sum distribution. If your account balance is $5,000 or more, you will not be able to receive a lump sum distribution until you attain age 55 and you stop working for an employer that contributes to the Plan on your behalf.
Who is my beneficiary?
If you are married, your spouse is your beneficiary. If you and your spouse agree to name another individual as your beneficiary, you can do so by completing forms at the Fund office or completing beneficiary designation cards, which you can obtain from your local union or the Fund office. If you are unmarried, you should name a beneficiary. These forms can also be obtained from your local union or the Fund office.
Can my account balance be paid in a monthly benefit?
Yes, at the time you retire you will be offered an option to receive your benefits in monthly installments from an insurance carrier or in a lump sum distribution.
How long can I leave my account balance with the Fund?
You are not required to take a distribution from the Fund until you reach your Required Beginning Date. Your Required Beginning date is the April 1st following the calendar year in which you attain age are certain age, depending on when you were born. For example, if you were born in January 1951 or later, your Required Beginning Date is based on your attainment of age 73.
How is my account balance valued?
Your account balance consists of contributions made to the Fund on your behalf, adjusted for applicable expenses, distributions, and all other transactions. It is valued daily in accordance with the income accounting applicable to the investment fund(s) or investment vehicle(s) in which your account balance is invested.

John Hancock Retirement Plan Services provides online records for your individual account. Visit their website at
Can my money be transferred from this Fund back to my Home Fund?
Yes, your hours and contributions can be transferred to your Home Fund if your Home Fund also belongs to the International Electrical Workers’ Reciprocity Agreement. For information regarding this Agreement, please contact Local 131 or your Home Local.


Change of Address

Change of Name

Beneficiary Designation Form

401(k) Election Form

Application for Divorce or Annulment Form

Application for Life Benefit Form

COVID Distribution Form

Employee Reciprocal Authorization Form

Federal Withholding Election Form

Hardship Withdrawal Form

Notification of Retirement or Termination Form

Request for Application Form

Return to Work Form

Segregated Account Form


Summary Plan Description (SPD) 201909

SMM 202208 Plan Changes

SMM 202005 COVID Special Distribution

SMM 202005 CRD Distribution Notice

Summary Annual Report (SAR) - 202212

John Hancock Flyer 202302

Change in Administrator